Date(s) - 12/07/2016 - 15/07/2016
Harper Adams University
IFSA’s 2016 symposium will focus on particular kinds of change – social and technological transformation – and consider not only what is changing in terms of these dimensions and their contexts, but how they relate to each other and how purposeful social and technological transformation of farming systems in different parts of the world are realized and how they could be brought about in the future.
The sub themes for the Symposium are:
- Innovation, knowledge and learning processes
- Methodology and frameworks of farming systems transformation
- Pathways towards sustainable agri-food systems – tensions or synergies?
- Emergence and application of new technologies
- Enabling governance, policy and institutions